A downloadable game for Windows
Welcome to The Peacenet. The year is 2025, a new digital afterlife is created by The Peace Foundation. It was created as a way to host the memories, personality, experiences, and thoughts of human beings within sentient programs after death. This would allow your loved ones to continue communicating with you even after your death.
Now the world is war-torn. Tons of security holes were found, and clever sentiences started abusing them to get at others' personal thoughts and data. Your mission? Find out why...and put an end to it.
Using the Peacegate OS - a Unix-like operating system - and many real-life hacking tools, you'll be hacking and exploring your way through the war-torn world of The Peacenet - meeting many interesting and unique characters, finding heaps of resources and new programs to help you with your mission and spice up your Peacegate, and discovering the true story behind this world.
- Built ontop of our unique and open-source Peace Engine.
- Amazing soundtrack featuring songs by Anders Enger Jensen and Peter Katz.
- Actual Unix/Linux command-line tools such as Bash, hashcat, nmap and OpenSSH.
- itch.io integration for in-game Multiplayer.
- Completely free and open-source, licensed under the MIT License.
- Much, much more.
|Published||Dec 13, 2017|
|Tags||digital, hacking, peace, procedural-generation, security, sentience, unix, virtual, War|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
Thanks for downloading The Peacenet!
Please note that you will need the .NET Framework 4.5 and a graphics card that supports at least OpenGL 3 to properly run the game. If you are interested in modding the game you will also need Visual Studio 2015 Community and the MonoGame 3.6 SDK for Visual Studio.
All these things are freely available, don't worry.
- April 2018 Week 2 Release7 days ago
- April 2018 Week 1 Release12 days ago
- March 19th, 2018 Nightly Build Patch 231 days ago
- March 19th, 2018 Nightly Build Patch 132 days ago
- March 19th, 2018 Nightly Build32 days ago
- March 16th, 2018 Nightly Build35 days ago
- March 15th, 2018 Nightly Build36 days ago