A downloadable game for Windows
Take control of Paul Adams, a deceased cyber-criminal who has been reborn as a sentient AI as you discover his lost identity and past within the digital afterlife of The Peacenet.
Controlled through the UI of Peacegate OS, a Unix-based gateway operating system, you'll hack and explore your way through The Peacenet completing extremely tough hacking puzzles, finding rare loot, learning new skills, meeting many...interesting...characters, and earning a reputation as you flee from government forces and survive the digital warfare within the network.
- Actual Unix and Linux software. Even cowsay, fortune, and nmap are included.
- Discord Rich Presence support. Your Discord buddies can see what you're doing in Peacenet.
- Completely moddable and open-source. Powered by the Peace Engine, it is very easy to add custom programs, stories, Peacegate themes and more to the game. You can even make your own using our C# modding APIs.
- Online Multiplayer (planning). Fight the war with other players in an open world setting. Who can come out on top with the most resources?
- Many, many easter eggs for you to find. See if you can find them all. Some of them are even hidden in plain sight
- Heists (planning): Get together a group, and work together to hack and raid larger targets. This is a good way to help level up your friends and take care of seemingly impossible jobs.
Credit where credit's due
Background music: Anders Enger Jensen, Peter Katz
UI sounds: Anders Enger Jense
Artwork: astro, squibs (a.k.a Sam), TheEdge, NetwideRogue (a.k.a Declan)
Game design & Programming: Alkaline Thunder, NetwideRogue, squibs, zeta, Jjagg (a.k.a Jesse), william341 (a.k.a William), Carver, wowmom98, TheRandomMelon
Voice acting: Philip Adams
The Peacenet is being ported to and thus now uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere.
Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – 2018, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.
You can check out the UE4 prototype builds by downloading the "windows-unreal-indev" releases.
|Published||Dec 13, 2017|
|Tags||digital, Hacking, peace, procedural-generation, security, sentience, unix, virtual, War|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Accessibility||Configurable controls, Interactive tutorial|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Links||Source code, Community|
Thanks for downloading The Peacenet!
Provided you're running a modern version of Microsoft Windows, the game should start up just fine after extracting the zip file to a folder of your choosing (or letting the itch app launch the game on its own, if that's how you roll.)
Linux users: The Peacenet can run just fine on Linux, however you'll need to install Mono before you can run the game. In the future, we will be releasing the game with a portable version of Mono and a prebaked shell script for you to run.
- The current state of Peacenet development8 days ago
- May 2018 Week 4: Welcome To Elytrose.56 days ago
- Packet Injection Minigame Prototype 156 days ago
- May 2018 Week 3 Release - No more blended multiplayer!63 days ago
- May 2018 Week 2 release70 days ago
- May 2018 Week 1 Patch 177 days ago
- May 2018 Week 1 Release77 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.